Mulching is one of the most beneficial practices a homeowner can use for better tree health.
Mulches are materials placed over the soil surface to maintain moisture and improve soil conditions. Mulching must be done properly to have a positive impact on the trees and plants in your landscaping and includes the following benefits:
- Reduces soil moisture loss through evaporation.
- Stifles the germination and growth of weeds.
- Helps protect roots from extreme temperatures.
- Helps improve soil biology, aeration, structure (aggregation of soil particles), and drainage over time.
- Improves soil fertility.
- Prevents many different plant diseases.
- Gives planting beds a uniform look.